You’ve heard about CEREC® dental technology and how it is revolutionizing dental crowns procedures.
But, do you actually know what CEREC® is or how it works?
How are CEREC® crowns different from traditional crowns?
How will you benefit by choosing CEREC® crowns?
Read on to find all the answers!
What is CEREC®?
CEREC® is a single-visit restoration system that uses 3D digital technology to scan, design, and create dental crowns.
How is that different than a traditional crown?
A traditional crown procedure involves:
- Visiting the dentist and have bite impressions made
- Sending the impressions and x-rays to an outside lab to fabricate the crown
- Wearing a temporary crown for a couple of weeks while the lab finishes your permanent one
- Returning to the dentist’s office in a few weeks and have the permanent crown placed
It took weeks to complete the procedure with repeated visits to the dentist and taking goopy, uncomfortable bite impressions.
CEREC® dental technology is all digital!
Here’s how it works:
- A special wand is used to create digital impressions of your damaged tooth
- The digital impressions are transferred to a computer and used to create a 3D model of your tooth
- This highly detailed 3D design is transferred electronically to an onsite milling machine
- In just minutes, the milling machine creates your new crown using a durable, natural-luster porcelain material
- Dr. Karim Morales immediately places your permanent crown
- You leave our office with a beautiful, natural-looking dental crown
No need for a temporary crown!
No messy impressions!
CEREC® takes what used to take weeks to do, and does it all in just a few hours.
What’s not to love?
Questions about CEREC® dental technology
CEREC® technology is often a new concept to our patients, and they usually have lots of questions about it.
Maybe you do too!
Here are some of the most common questions our patients ask and the answers from our East Orlando dentist:
Q. How long do CEREC® crowns last?
A. CEREC® crowns are made from durable, porcelain material. When properly cared for, crowns can last for decades! You can increase the longevity of your crowns by following an excellent oral hygiene routine at home and keeping your regularly scheduled maintenance appointments with your dentist.
You can also avoid chipping or cracking your crowns by not eating hard foods or biting on hard objects.
Q. Does my dental insurance cover CEREC® crowns?
A. Some insurances will cover the complete cost of a dental crown and others only partially. The team at East Orlando Dental will be happy to work with you and your insurance company to make sure you get the fullest benefits possible for your dental treatment.
Q. Will my CEREC® crown look natural?
A. Absolutely! Your new dental crown will be custom-colored to match your natural teeth. Digital impressions are highly precise, so your crown will also fit beautifully. Your smile will look gorgeous and function comfortably.
Have we answered your questions?
We’ve talked about how CEREC® dental technology works, how it’s different than traditional crowns, and how it benefits you.
Do you have more questions about CEREC®?
We would love to answer them for you!
- Call and talk with us
- Schedule an appointment online
- Email us at email@example.com
- Learn more about our in-house dental plan